Monday, January 19, 2009

What is novelty

From time to time I get emails of people asking me about the nature of novelty yarn. Most often the questions come from knew knitters who I think are a little confused and maybe scared of it. I always tell them that novelty yarn is yarn that has a lot of extra and unconventional texture, materials, and themes that make it difficult to use for utilitarian yarn purposes, such as knitting a whole sweater <---although I have seen it done.
To use novelty yarn properly is such a skill because I think you need to know how to use it best in a project and what project to use it in.
One of my favorite sellers and buyers on etsy, YOKNITS is the best at this.
il_fullxfull.52623603
Just take a lookie at some of the stuff in her shop.
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=6013312

No comments:

Post a Comment